LEJRELET Oval is one of the smallest positioning pillows on the market, which makes it ideal for providing that small, extra support that you often need when using larger positioning cushions. For instance, this might be as a lumbar support cushion, a knee abduction cushion or to support a paretic hand.
This support pillow is filled with pressure-relieving foam granulate, which makes it possible to mould the cushion, for instance, to create a doughnut shape. This is particularly useful to relieve pressure on the ears, elbows, or hands.
The concept of micro-positioning is about creating small positioning changes to prevent pressure ulcers or to relieve existing pressure ulcers. Using this method, a small positioning cushion is in turn placed at different places on the client’s body, e.g. firstly it is tucked under the client's right shoulder, then under the right hip, then under the left shoulder and lastly under the left hip. This method mimics the small micro positionings we normally make during our sleep, which people with limited mobility are prevented from doing on their own.
These small changes in position is a great alternative to fully turning the client on their side and is less disturbing during the night. The method is particularly useful for patients in intensive care units with a lot of pain and is also a good tool in pressure ulcer prevention efforts.
Use as a lumbar support cushion
This small positioning cushion can also be used as lumbar support. For instance, LEJRELET Oval can be used as a lumbar support cushion for clients who have respiratory difficulties. In this case, the cushion can be placed at the lower back to open the diaphragm and thereby the airways, when the client is sitting in bed with a bend at the knees. Watch how in this video. The lumbar support cushion can also be used to simply relieve strain on the lower back.
- Small and easy to bring on the go
- Mould and shape to fit individual needs
- Multi-stretch cover that allows the foam to work efficiently at all times
- Pressure-relieving positioning using the method of micro-positioning
- As support between the knees, ankles, arms, and torso
- For support of paretic hand
- Preventing/relieving pressure ulcers or other tissue damages on ears, elbows, hand and more
- Intensive care unit patients or other patients that suffer from a lot of pain, and therefore cannot be moved and handled
- People who need tailored positioning to support contractures, oedemas, paralysis and more
- Clients with existing pressure ulcers or risk of developing pressure ulcers
This positioning cushion is suitable for use in all assisted living homes, nursing homes, hospitals and more.