01 October 2013
Vendlet has been nominated for the EER award 2013.
Southern Denmark has been appointed as a European Entrepreneurial Region for the year 2013. On that occasion the steering committee for European Entrepreneurial Region will reward a regional entrepreneurship / small business that have international success.
The steering committee for European Entrepreneurial Region 2013, is engaged in finding a winner that particularly is a role model for the regional growth strategy.
To be considered the company must have either generated a sale or expectations of a sale of at least 100.000 DKR outside Denmark. In addition the company must:
1. Operate from an address in Region Syddanmark
2. Belong to one of the regional growth strategy priority areas (energy efficiency improvements and offshore, health and healthcare solutions as well as design and tourism)
3. Side Stepper (transferring part or all of its production to new markets / clients, etc.) into one of the priority areas
4. Subcontractors to companies belonging to the growth strategy priority areas can also be considered
5. Entrepreneurs or small business with up to 50 employees
An independent jury will do the assessment and select three candidates among all nominees. Which one of the three, is winning the price is determined by the steering committee for EER. The winner is revealed on the “Go Global day” the 18th of November in Kolding.
Vendlet has been nominated with the following justification:
Vendlet has, in the 3 years that have passed since Peter Maindal took over the company, achieved a growth rate about 200%. The company is working very hard in several international markets. Among other things, Vendlet has won an award in England and Peter Maindal has been key note speaker in Australia. Vendlet is really a business with potential for both national and international success!
All together, 57 companies have been nominated.